Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Marseille, France

In my quest to stay psyched about my move to the south of France, I took a look at Google Images to see what people have posted for Marseille, France. Most of the images are of Le Vieux Port (The Old Port) which has so much history. I found this really cool map of Marseille in 1575. Since I'm a total map nerd, I had to have it to share. The body of water between the city and the hills is considered Vieux-Port today. My parents grew up in this city so when I showed them my sweet find, they were stoked. There is even a place on the map called "l'infermerie pour les pestiferez" which loosely translated is "the hospital for the plagued." My dad found that to be totally hilarious, so just for that reason I appreciate it even more.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment