Sunday, September 5, 2010

Pare Down

One more week left at work and it feels strange. I have never worked somewhere so long. Three years and two months. I guess at my young age, that's pretty good considering I've had many jobs and they were all so very different. You would think that I would have cleared out my personal items by now, but I haven't even started.  I'm creating a map poster that will be submitted for a regional award competition in October for our organization and it has to be completed very soon. Next year it's supposed to be submitted at the ESRI International User Conference in San Diego which I've attended three years in a row. The subject is of remotely sensed oak trees, and I don't think that has ever been done before. So if you see it, it's probably mine/ours. Chances are I will not be there to see my glorious submission at the Map Gallery in 2011. I hope some of my friends will send a photo of it to me.

If you think well, if she hasn't cleared out her personal items at work, then I wonder what her home looks like. Yeah, not much has changed. I've got a stack of boxes full and empty, and I feel like I haven't even made a dent. I found some old t-shirts that I used to wear when I was a kid. Seriously, like from when I was 8 years old. I was so attached. One is my t-shirt from Quebec that a family friend brought back for me with a waterskiing bunny rabbit on it and the other is my worn out blue gymnastics t-shirt. I think I should put them on, have a farewell photo shoot and donate them to another kid. Which one of my photographically talented friends wants to volunteer in my farewell? Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment