Friday, April 29, 2011

Guido's pizza pasta!

I learned a few things while working at Guido's when I was 17 and 18. For one, I learned how to twirl pizza dough (thanks Slim), and spread sauce and toppings-with not too much cheese 'cause "that shit's expensive," (thanks Sam). I learned that you need to pop the bubbles on the pizza frequently when it's passing through the oven because then all the toppings slide off. Friendly reminder from the boss, "Kelly! Bubbles!" READ MORE! Click below.



I learned that if you own your own pizza shop, you can smoke out of a hooka whenever you want or spy on your employees when you aren't there with a camera in the locked office window. The back door wasn't monitored! I learned that working with your friends has so many benefits and it is a really good time. Sparks energy drink in the walk-in freezer and the gallon of water.  Good times. My friends, you know who you are. Do you share the same memories?

I also learned how to cut a pepper. Not kidding, every single time I cut a pepper, I think about when I did it at Guido's. Cut it in half, pull out the stem and make sure there are no seeds sticking around. Then make some thin slices for the pizza toppings. I cut a pepper today, hence this stroll through memory lane.

I'm a pepper.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great memory Kelly. Working in a pizza joint is a good experience, for certain. I did some time at a Round Table in Ventura. My experience with the walk in fridge/freezer - I opened the door one time and found two of my co-workers swapping spit and tongues. I never opened that door again when I knew they were working with me. But that didn't stop me from enjoying the pizza business.

    ReplyDelete